If you are intending to study in New Zealand for more than 12 weeks, you need to have a Student Visa.

Most Student Visa applications are made online.   However in some circumstances a hard-copy application is required.

A common mistake with Student Visa applications is that the applicant fails to provide all the necessary evidence to satisfy the requirements of this visa class.  This can result in a decline decision, meaning that the applicant must recommence the entire application and pay application fees a second time.

Holders of Student Visas who are attending courses provided by certain types of education institutions are entitled to work part-time for up to 20 hours per week while they study. Talk to us about whether the school you are thinking about studying at qualifies you for this work entitlement.